Multiprocessing / threading confusion

Paul Pittlerson menkomigen6 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 20:03:30 EDT 2013

On Friday, September 6, 2013 1:46:40 AM UTC+3, Chris Angelico wrote:

> The first thing I notice is that your Debugger will quit as soon as
> its one-secondly poll results in no data. This may or may not be a
> problem for your code, but I'd classify it as code smell at best. Is
> your goal here to make sure Debugger doesn't stop your process from
> exiting? If so, a simpler and safer solution is to make it a daemon
> thread.

I didn't think it would be a problem, because unless the system is very
slow, the functions will finish in a fraction of a second, on my machine
it does not matter whether I have it set as 0.1 second or several seconds,
the output is still the same. It's not eloquent, but the point was just to
exit the test when no more prints are to be made.

But how can I fix the actual bug I was asking about though? I want to
print ticked and exited for all the processes, just to acknowledge to
myself that the code is working.. so I can proceed to experiment with
more complexity! :D