Pcap network buffer

hareksu alexander.borghgraef at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:35:19 EDT 2013

Hi all,

 I've been writing an application for capturing multiple HD network video streams using a linux laptop with packet capture. For this I've used pcapy, which wraps parts of libpcap. The problem is that with the default network buffer size, I end up with corrupted video, so I changed the default buffer size and tried again, to no avail. I dug into the problem a bit, and noticed that both tcpdump and wireshark can set the buffer size, in which case I record without problem, and the libpcap C library has an fucntion pcap_set_buffer_size reflecting this, but neither pcapy or pylibpcap seem to include this functionality.
 So my question is this: is there a python way to set this buffer size, or do I need to write this in C? Thanks in advance.

--
Me