Importing Definitions

Azureaus lo0446 at my.bristol.ac.uk
Thu Sep 5 08:39:37 EDT 2013

Hi all,
Thank you all for your help so far in the group.

Lets say I have some definitions in a module1.py e.g.

import sys
A,B,C,D,E = range(5)
def method1():
more code
end

Then a second module module2.py where I wish to use these definitions
import module1.py
print A

This will throw an error saying "global name 'A' is not defined."

Now I know if there was a method I wanted to reference I could do something like this in module2.
from module1 import method1

which would mean from that point on I could just reference it as method1 rather than module1.method1, is there such a way I could do this with definitions??

Thanks!