NameError: global name '' is not defined , but a bit differences

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Thu Sep 5 01:38:40 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh
<mohsen at pahlevanzadeh.org> wrote:
> Dear all ,
>
> i get the error :
>
> NameError: global name 'ui' is not defined
>
> Complete question is at :
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18627608/nameerror-global-name-is-not-defined-but-differences
>
> Before answering, Thank you for your attention...!
>

> Yours,
> Mohsen

Please don't just post a link to Stack Overflow for your questions. It
means that if Stack Overflow ever shuts down, this question is useless
to anyone else looking at this post and also adds an extra step to
anyone on this list wanting to answer your question- we're helping you
in our spare time because we want to help people with these things.
Please don't make us do extra work to help you.

Just a note- doing a "from module import *" is considered poor coding
style because it makes it difficult to figure out where all the names
are coming from, especially if you start doing multiple import *s in a
single code file. Either explicitly import the names you need ("from
ui.interface.interface import InterfaceCodes") or import the module
without adding the names to the local namespace ("import
ui.interface.interface")