Beginner's guide to Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Sep 4 10:03:09 EDT 2013

http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/

> -- what kind of projects Python is good for

Text processing
Scientific data analysis and visualization
Database stuff
CRM
Web sites
Data communications
Games
System administration tools

> -- what kind of projects it is not good for

OS kernels and device drivers

> -- a simple explanation of how it works

That depends on what "it" is.

> -- a kind of beginner's tutotial and guide to its syntax

Google "python tutorial"

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! It's a lot of fun
                                  at               being alive ... I wonder if