Beginner's guide to Python

Steve Hayes hayesstw at telkomsa.net
Wed Sep 4 01:26:47 EDT 2013

Can anyone recommend a web site that gives a good beginner's guide to Python?

One that tells one, especially --

-- what kind of projects Python is good for
-- what kind of projects it is not good for
-- a simple explanation of how it works
-- a kind of beginner's tutotial and guide to its syntax

I've read about Python, and installed it on my computer when I found it on a
DVD that came with a magazine, but I haven't got a clue about how to use it.

So any advice on the best web sites for absolute novices would be welcome.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com