PyPi Module Removal

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Sep 3 17:08:39 EDT 2013

On 9/3/2013 4:15 PM, Brian Rak wrote:
> I was trying to install wxPython earlier today.  Not RTFMing, I tried
> 'easy_install wx', which ended up installing this strange module:
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wx
>
> Looking at the download stats, it seems to be confusing ~1000 users a
> month, while not providing any significant functionality.
>
> I don't really have any way to contact the author of the module.  Is
> there any way to have this deleted/renamed?

There is a PyPI/catalog mailing list, which I believe is the one
mirrored as gmane.comp.python.org at news.gmane.com. However, the PyPI
admins are reluctant to unilaterally delete a package. They might try to
contact the owner of 'wx'. To bad wcPython did not grab the abbreviation.

--
Terry Jan Reedy