How to exit a cgi file after a download

inq1ltd inq1ltd at inqvista.com
Thu Sep 5 12:33:42 EDT 2013

There is no such thing as a "cgi form" or "cgi window". Your cgi script runs
when the user requests a Web page, generates a page, and then ends. At that
point, python has stopped running. If your want the client's browser window to
close, that's not a python problem. If you want to invalidate the download link
after one successful download, you'll have to add a unique identifier to the
url and keep track of which identifiers are still valid.

Thanks for responding,

Technically cgi is a script.  But a form is what a cgi script file can create.

The form I asked about is html, it was generated by a cgi script file. So I
should have written; a cgi script file generated html form, or a cgi script
file generated html window. Lazy writing.
My mistake.

However I asked a question which now is mute. Once the user downloads the data
the user can copy it, so why limit the download?.

I appreciate the response,

jd
inqvista.com