Cannot form correctly the FORM part of the header when sending mail

feedthetroll at gmx.de feedthetroll at gmx.de
Thu Sep 5 09:29:08 EDT 2013

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 14:36:19 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus:
> Στις 5/9/2013 3:18 μμ, ο/η feedthetroll έγραψε:
>> Beeing serious:
>> Which mailserver did you install? postfix, exim, sendmail, ...?
>> Check that and read its dokumentation how to configure authentication.
>> Then you can use it.
>
>> And if you get stuck: A python list is NOT THE RIGHT PLACE to ask questions
>> about the configuration of mailservers. Find the correct list for your
>> mailserver and ask there!
>
> My WHM
WHM (http://www.globalacronyms.com/whm):
Meaning of Acronym WHM   Language             Category
Watt Hour Meter          Acronym in English   Science, Unit Measure,
                                              Chemistry, Biology, Acronym
Work Hour Management     Acronym in English   General, Common Abbreviation,
                                              Slang, Acronym

> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to
> setip up to work.
> i cannot connect to it via my python script.
OK, I should have been more exact:
To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ...

DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (="mailbox management", "pop3(s)", "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails.)

So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, don't you) and configure it.

But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic.

http://www.dovecot.org/documentation.html - but DoveCot won't help you here.