Cannot form correctly the FORM part of the header when sending mail

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Wed Sep 4 12:22:21 EDT 2013

Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:

> I think it's logical to act that way.

I think it is not, see my other post on this subject.

> The real 'FROM' address that GMail uses to send mail from my 'mail.py'
> to some recipient is my real GMail's account address, and not the FROM
> address that any arbitrary poster posts in a html webform hwich can be
> totally fake, i.e. jackass at hahaha.com

No, it's not, as I explained. Gmail uses the From address that you
specified, but added the Sender header with your Gmail account in it.
Now your email agent usesdisplays the Sender address as the From, which
is misleading.

> I believe any kind of mail client will be have this way.

No, my mail client doesn'tdo that.

> We need some way to dicth the Sender FROM string or alter it to the
> one uses in the webform.

You cannot ditch the Send from the sent email, as this is something
Gmail automatically provides. Maybe as some kind of spam detector, which
is reasonable. Actually providing the Sender in situations like this is
what the RFC requires, so Gmail is totally, completely correct in doing
this. The problem is completely on the receiving side, but Dave has told
you how to solve it.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/