user interfaces python3.x

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Sep 2 12:08:04 EDT 2013

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 08:03:02 -0700, Paul Rice wrote:

> Im new to python3.x (well, programming as a whole. Never done before)
> and was wondering how do i get a proper interface instead of just
> writing.

A "proper" interface huh? Well, I'd love to tell you the answer, but I
don't know what icon to use, so I could only use writing, and I know you
hate that.

(If you think text is not a proper interface, you're going to have a bad
time as a programmer. 99% of your programming time will be writing.)

Care to give us a hint what you think is a "proper" interface? Qt, GTK,
Carbon, web browser, direct interface to the brain, something else?

> Im using android device(sl4a and py34a). Ive heard something
> about kivy for android is that what i need if so does anyone know of a
> tutorial to use it? Thanks in advance.

Here, let me google that for you:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kivy+tutorial

Are those links satisfactory?