UnicodeDecodeError issue

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Sep 1 19:14:26 EDT 2013

On 1/9/2013 18:23, Ferrous Cranus wrote:

    <snip>

> i still wonder how come the invalid byte messge dissapeared

Too bad you never bothered to narrow it down to its source.  It could
be anywhere on those three lines.  If I had to guess, I'd figure it was
one of those environment variables.  The Linux environment variables are
strings of bytes, and the os.environ is a dict of strings.  Apparently
it converts them using utf-8, and if you've somehow set them using some
other encoding, you could be getting that error.

Have you tried to decode those bytes in various encodings other than
utf-8 ?

--
Signature file not found