Python TUI that will work on DOS/Windows and Unix/Linux

James Harris james.harris.1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:18:34 EDT 2013

"Michael Torrie" <torriem at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.229.1378858009.5461.python-list at python.org...

> A toolkit (that's old, arguably), that might help you is TVision, a port
> of the old Turbo Vision library that formed the foundation for Borland's
> old DOS IDEs back in the day (check wikipedia).  And it looked quite
> beautiful back then, actually.  There is a Python binding for it here:
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyTVision

That looks very good.

For the record, I have been emailed about npyscreen and urwid. And I have
found a hex editor with the kind of interface I had in mind. Here are some
links for anyone else who is interested.

  http://www.sigala.it/sergio/tvision/images.html
  http://www.npcole.com/npyscreen/
  http://excess.org/urwid/examples.html
  http://www.hexedit.com/hex-edit-shots.htm