semicolon at end of python's statements

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Tue Sep 3 03:32:41 EDT 2013

Op 03-09-13 01:17, Modulok schreef:

>     So? Indeed there are too many people looking at these things as fighting
>     for the one true way. That is IMO part a big part of the problem. I have
>     no problem if someone else uses a different style than I do. Python as
>     a language tries too hard to enforce a one true way.
>
> Try maintaining a non-trivial body of JavaScript, or Perl (that you didn't
> write) for a while. You'll soon appreciate the One True Way of thinking lol.

My impression is that everyone appreciates the One True Way but only
because they identify their own way as the One True Way. And sure it
can be a good thing to enforce a One True Way for a specific project
or for all company code, but there is no need that all projects would
need the same One True Way.

--
Antoon Pardon