PEP8 79 char max

Metallicow metaliobovinus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 09:34:07 EDT 2013

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 11:01:31 PM UTC-5, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 19:59:34 -0700, Metallicow wrote:
> > PEP8 needs a bit of revision anyway, In my opinion... According to
> > real-world standards for equipment/devices. linking to a table/list of
> > affected devices/minNumbers should be the norm. or....
>
> I don't believe you have thought this through, or in any detail. The
> first problem is, what "real-world standards" are you talking about? What
> sort of devices are you referring to? How is this supposed to work in
> practice? If I write a Python module, which device am I supposed to pick?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision
Why even define a number?
I causes people to argue about it. It is a variable.
I meant a "Reference" Table of equipment/devices.
Most Auto shop have a "Cross-Reference book". Also Johnny Cash built a vehicle from 30 years or so different years parts(or I know people who do/can).
Reference PEP8 standard to: A Technical manual per say.
If not make it simple. A multiple of 10, 80 being the closest int and also errors on 79 devices. Which then said device should be added to the reference manual. Or 70.
Also the pro/cons of this argument should be added to a "Quick-Reference".

Sorry if my opinion was not clear, the first time I posted. As I have been answered before, you CANNOT edit posts here. But you could with python...