xlutils 1.7.0 released!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 19:26:10 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of xlutils 1.7.0:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlutils/1.7.0

This release features a handy new view module that lets you do things like:

 >>> def print_data(rows):
...     for row in rows:
...         for value in row:
...             print value,
...         print

 >>> from xlutils.view import View, Row, Col
 >>> print_data(view['Sheet1'][:2, :1])
R0C0
R1C0
 >>> print_data(view['Sheet1'][Row(1):Row(2), Col('A'):Col('B')])
R0C0 R0C1
R1C0 R1C1

There's also some help for values that are dates or times:

 >>> for row in View(join(test_files,'date.xls'))[0]:
...     for value in row:
...         print repr(value)
datetime.datetime(2012, 4, 13, 0, 0)

Please have a play and let me know what you think.

Full docs here:

http://pythonhosted.org/xlutils/

Details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:

http://www.python-excel.org/

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk