First day beginner to python, add to counter after nested loop

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 03:37:38 EDT 2013

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:37:31 AM UTC+5:30, Antoon Pardon wrote:
> Op 30-10-13 21:52, Ned Batchelder schreef:
> >> Why should people who are using good functioning tools have to adapt to
> >> someone, in this case being you, who is using tools that are behaving faulty and as an effect is polluting the news group with hard to read
> >> contributions?
> > Can I suggest that perhaps Jonas is someone best ignored?  It's clear
> > he is not willing to join the community, and does not value much of
> > what we have to say.  In addition, he seems to be above providing details
> > for claims he makes.

> Yes, you can suggest that. I might extend him the benefit of doubt for one
> or two more exchanges, but if I don't notice any appearance of good will by
> then I will in the future mostly ignore him.

Couple of things I wish to say:
1. One of the tragedies of human relations is escalation:
 - I shout at you
 - You hit me
 - I shoot you
 - You bomb me and mine (and not remotely mine) out of existence
 - and so on

If Mark had not been rude to Jonas and explained to him at a little more length, maybe he would not be assholing in full-blast.
Or maybe not… Maybe he is just trolling… Just sayin': We dont really know

2. Antoon: I was a bit surprised at your siding with the indentation business. As an old-geezer programmer I can think of a number of reasons why,
indentation=structure is a problem. Thats a subject for another thread.

However for a thread whose subject-line says "First day beginner to python…"
I am surprised that you (ie Antoon) participated.
I say this since wrt the Nikos-issue, you seem to be the only sane guy around who feels the Nikos-threads are more the problem than Nikos.

3. I am posting this from GG.  And NO hand cut-paste-edit.
Firefox sends over the text to emacs.
emacs auto-cleans up the GG crap
When I exit emacs Im back in firefox with a clean text
[Thanks Kushal for the tip]

I dont expect Jonas to try or listen but there are thousands of other GG users
And if there is some problem (textual please not political or philosophical!)
I'd appreciate being told.