How do I update a virtualenv?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Oct 28 23:09:07 EDT 2013

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

> > You are keeping your virtualenv separate from your working tree,
> > right? I put mine in ‘/var/local/devel/$USER/virtualenvs/foobar/’
> > where “foobar” is the specific virtualenv name.
>
> No, I'm no expert in these things. I was just following the directions
> on the Heroku "getting started" page. What you wrote is Greek to me.

Fair enough; virtualenv is a baroque system with many knobs to tune. It
sucks that anything like this is needed.

I don't know of better official documentation for virtualenv than
<URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv>.

--
 \       “It is forbidden to steal hotel towels. Please if you are not |
  `\          person to do such is please not to read notice.” —hotel, |