How do I update a virtualenv?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Mon Oct 28 21:46:51 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-29 11:42, Ben Finney wrote:
> You are keeping your virtualenv separate from your working tree,
> right?

This was one of the key bits I missed in most of the
virtualenv{,wrapper} documentation and only figured out after asking
several questions here on c.l.p  Once I had that understanding, the
usefulness of virtualenvwrapper made more sense (previously, I'd
figured it was silly since I thought the code-base was supposed to be
contained in the virtualenv, not independent from it).

Now it's virtualenv{,wrapper} for just about all development.

-tkc