How to find where data files are installed for my Python program

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Oct 28 08:51:53 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.1678.1382943105.18130.python-list at python.org>,
 Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it starts with "#!/usr/bin/python", it'll get
> dropped through to Python for execution.

Even better (for most purposes), use "#!/usr/bin/env python".  What that
does is (slight handwave here) search your PATH to find the same version
of Python you would get if you typed "python" at a shell prompt.

If you've only got a single version of python installed, it doesn't
matter.  But it'll matter a lot if you have multiple versions (or even
multiple installations of the same version, but with different sets of
installed modules).