How to find where data files are installed for my Python program (was: Function for the path of the script?)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 01:49:21 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It's very common to want to know what directory you're in - it's a
>> good way to find data files.
>
> That's a naive way to do it (though it's often good enough, for a
> program only used on one system).

I never said it was right for a properly-installed program, just that
it's common - which it definitely is, and this not a Python thing,
it's across all languages. As you say, often good enough for simple
things.

Your main questions definitely still stand though, and I don't know
any answer to them.

ChrisA