Removing python django projects

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 07:38:11 EDT 2013

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:44:35 AM UTC+5:30, Gary Roach wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the process of trying to learn python, django, mysql and
> virtualenvwrapper, I have created two projects and a mess. How can I
> strip everything from a Debian, Wheezy, linux system. The files are all
> over the place. Much of the information in this area is for Mac or
> Windoz systems that do not have the apt-get, aptitude tools that Debian
> makes available.
>
> My goal is to end up with a clean system ready for re installation of a
> development environment.

Disclaimer: This subject interests me and I know nothing about it ;-)

1. Aren't you asking for something self-contradictory -- the benefits of apt in apt-disabled systems?
Anyways… leaving that aside…

2. Not clear what you mean by 'clean system'.
One meaning could be remove all the 'crufty' files
Another could be disengage the system so that it runs easily on mac and windows.
For the first apt is a boon for second its a mess

3. I see questions like yours here
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/python-virtualenv/Advice$20on$20Updating$20Virtualenv/python-virtualenv/4lgTsf9EwZM/MhNvwkIVq6sJ
Maybe you could also ask there about use of 'wheel'