array/list of sockets

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 04:53:58 EDT 2013

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:47:16 AM UTC+5:30, theel... at gmail.com wrote:
> I apologize but I do not understand what you mean by "lack of context." I have
> taken Chris' words into consideration, for my previous post was supposed to be
> my last (I just had to say thank you). This is my first google groups post, so > I am a total noob. Once again, I apologize for whatever that I may have done. I
> will not post in google groups again : )

in particular the difference between 'top-posting' and 'interleaved style'

There is no universal standard about this.
Ive been in corporate cultures where doing anything other than top-posting is taken as doing something fishy -- hiding, distorting etc.

However on this forum which BTW is Usenet and predates the popular internet (WWW) by some decades, it is considered impolite to do anything other than 'interleaved'

This means
1. You need to cut out most of useless crufty context
2. Keep a little so that the reader knows who/what you are speaking in response to
3. Keep your response as close to and generally below the context