status of new python.org

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 21:33:20 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 26/10/2013 20:12, Joaquin Abian wrote:
>>
>> Is there any updated roadmap/schedule for the new python.org site ?
>> It has been in beta mode at http://preview.python.org/ for several months
>> but I can not find in there any indication of the progress or the possible
>> date for publishing it. Most paragraphs are still with Lore Ipsum.
>>

> I don't know, but I do hope they change the very conspicious print statement
> to a function before it goes live :)  And using input indeed, well I never
> did!!!

There's nothing wrong with using input(), as the examples are clearly
meant to be Python 3 (see the division one, for instance). The other
examples use print as a function - see the Fibonacci one, which uses
end= to suppress the newline - so it's just a bug in the first one,
omitting the parens.

ChrisA