Python on a MacBook Pro (not my machine)

Rick Dooling rpdooling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:41:20 EDT 2013

Just upgraded to Mavericks, the new OS X, Python is:

Python 2.7.5 (default, Aug 25 2013, 00:04:04)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)] on darwin

(On Mountain Lion, it was 2.7.2. You can install Python 3 using Home Brew or even the packages from Python.org and run them on the same machine. Just change the shebang at the to of the script.

I recommend MacVim for editing

http://code.google.com/p/macvim/