Cookie fucking problem

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 28 06:14:07 EDT 2013

Op 26-10-13 23:22, Mark Lawrence schreef:
> On 26/10/2013 18:23, Antoon Pardon wrote:

>>> I promise to stop baiting this complete and utter moron when I observe
>>> that nobody on this group says a single word to him as that's the only
>>> message that he'll understand.  Any word to him from anybody and I
>>> reserve the right to join in.
>>
>> I fear this strategy is not stable. Just suppose most people follow this
>> strategy but someone reacts to Nikos anyhow. Now suddenly a lot of
>> people feel they have the right to join in. And of course these
>> reactions will feed this feeling.
>>
>> I understand you feel you don't have to keep silent if others aren't
>> but I wish your trigger would be less sensitive.
>>

> I wish I didn't have a combination of Asperger Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue
> Syndrome and Clinical Depression but sadly I'm stuck with the lot :(

I can't help you with your wish. You can help with mine. Do you think
I am unreasonable in what I wish for?

> Regardless of what others (rusi?) said earlier I'll keep my sense of
> humour going, it least that helps me to survive :)

Sure, the question is how you are going to use it. If we all follow
your strategy, sense of humour or not, the net result will be a lot
of people feeling righteous about their contributions to the list all
expecting the others to curb their behaviour first and resulting in
a big mess.

Sure you can say your piece when you notice there is still a substantial
respons to Nikos and that you don't feel the need to keep quiet as long
as that is going on. But if you think that a single word from anyone
to Nikos is enough to make you feel righteous about responding, then
your behaviour becomes part of the problem.

--
Antoon Pardon