Cookie issue(cant fix it with anyhting)

Nick the Gr33k nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 17:19:10 EDT 2013

Στις 27/10/2013 8:01 μμ, ο/η Denis McMahon έγραψε:
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:29:52 +0300, Nick the Gr33k wrote:
>
>> Hello i having the following code to try and retrieve the visitor's
>> saved cookie form the browser.
>>
>> [CODE]
>> # initialize cookie and retrieve cookie from clients browser try:
>>       cookie = cookies.SimpleCookie( os.environ['HTTP_COOKIE'] )
>>       cookieID = cookie['name'].value
>> except:
>>       cookieID = 'visitor'
>> [/CODE]
>>
>> It works as expected except form the fact from when the visitor enters
>> my webpage(superhost.gr) by clicking a backlink of another webpage.
>>
>> Then even if the cookie exists in his browser for some reason the try
>> fails and except take actions.
>>
>> Can somebody explain why this is happening?
>>
>> You can see this action yourself by hitting:
>>
>> 1. superhost.gr as a direct hit 2. by clicking superhost.gr's backlink
>> from ypsilandio.gr/mythosweb.gr
>>
>> You will see than in 2nd occasion another ebtry will appear in the
>> database here:
>>
>> http://superhost.gr/?show=log&page=index.html
>
> OK
>
> I tried it. The counter in the database is incrementing (I think it's the
> counter). There's only one entry in the table for my system.
>
> I used the backlinks on each of the two pages above - the backlink on
> mythosweb.gr I used twice.
>
> So, whatever behaviour you're seeing is not what I'm seeing.

I have changed the code that why you dont see it.
I just couldnt resilve the cookie issues i was facing and decided to
track visitors just by their hostaname instead of a non working cookie.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined! & WebHost
<http://superhost.gr>