Debugging decorator

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 23:08:03 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Yaşar Arabacı <yasar11732 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I can be used instead of inserting and deleting print
> statements when trying to see what is
> passed to a function and what is assingned to what etc. I think it can
> be helpful during debugging.
>
> It works by rewriting ast of the function and inserting print nodes in it.
>
> What do you think?

Technologically very cool! I don't know that I'd ever use it for
actual debugging, especially as it'll get VERY spammy as soon as you
start working with complex objects, but it looks like a fun thing to
play with. I see it as a parallel to dis.dis() - one looks at the
disassembly and the other at the resulting actions, and between them
you can get a fairly good idea of what's happening.

Still don't know of any places I'd actually use it productively, but
hey, nothing wrong with cool toys :)

ChrisA