Cookie aint retrieving when visiting happens from a backlink.

Nick the Gr33k nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 02:45:18 EDT 2013

Στις 27/10/2013 4:24 πμ, ο/η Piet van Oostrum έγραψε:
> Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org> writes:
>
>> Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> There is no set of cookie returned back when visitor comes from a referer.
>>>
>>> Isn't this strange?
>>> No matter if you visit a webpage as a direct hit or via a referer the
>>> cookie on the visitor's browser should have been present.
>>>
>>> But it can only can be found and retrieved as a direct hit and _not_
>>> from a referrer backlink.
>>
>> What is happening is that the page comes from the browser cache when
>> you do a back link (back button in your browser). So the request
>> doesn't go to your server. I checked this by switching off my internet
>> connection and then trying both the back button and entering the URL
>> in the address bar. So it has nothing to do with referrer, I think.
>
> Upon reading another time your message, I now see that you probably mean
> clicking on the link about WEB HOSTING in the pages mentioned.

Yes, this is exactly what i mean.
I tried
> that and in both cases an entry comes in your data base. The only
> difference is that the column Αναφέρων contains "Direct link' instead of
> the referrer website.

This happened because i switched the code once again and removed the
cookie setting/retrieving.

If i put it back then every time a visitor comes from a referrer
backlink an exact duplicate row with the same host appears into my
database except from the 'ref' column which is different.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined! & WebHost
<http://superhost.gr>