Cookie aint retrieving when visiting happens from a backlink.

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Sat Oct 26 21:17:57 EDT 2013

Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:

> There is no set of cookie returned back when visitor comes from a referer.
>
> Isn't this strange?
> No matter if you visit a webpage as a direct hit or via a referer the
> cookie on the visitor's browser should have been present.
>
> But it can only can be found and retrieved as a direct hit and _not_
> from a referrer backlink.

What is happening is that the page comes from the browser cache when you do a back link (back button in your browser). So the request doesn't go to your server. I checked this by switching off my internet connection and then trying both the back button and entering the URL in the address bar. So it has nothing to do with referrer, I think.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/