Cookie aint retrieving when visiting happens from a backlink.

Steve Simmons square.steve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 12:28:11 EDT 2013

On 25/10/2013 16:34, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Do you understand: 1) what cookies are? 2) how the browser receives
> them? 3) how the server gets them back? 4) when #3 happens and when it
> does not? If not, go to Wikipedia and start reading. If you get to the
> end of Wikipedia without comprehending this, go back to the beginning
> and start over. ChrisA

Chris,

You truly are a saint!

I simply cannot believe the level of restraint you have shown during
this exchange (unless of course you have bought tickets to Greece in
order to deal with this issue in person and 'with extreme prejudice').

As for the OP - Nick, I think your utterly ignorant rudeness to Chris
will have alienated the entire membership of this list and you should
seriously consider a carefully worded apology.

This list does not exist to teach you how to run a website or to write
software for it.  This list does not exist to explain every single
aspect of network and web technology to someone who openly admits that
they prefer to get answers from list members without doing any personal
research.  This list exists to provide mutual to support members in
their personal usage of and research into Python.

Most importantly, any contribution comes free of charge and you should
recognise this gift and remember to use 'please and thank you' instead
of 'don't be lazy'.  If you want to be respected by this group, you need
to substantially change your attitude and start to do some research of
your own before posting questions on this or any other list.

Steve