Cookie aint retrieving when visiting happens from a backlink.

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 11:17:12 EDT 2013

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:54:05 +0300, Nick the Gr33k wrote:

>>> Answer me in detail an stop pointing me at vague google searchs.

>> No.

> Yes, don't be lazy.

You're the one who is too lazy to learn enough about tcp / ip and http to
understand what is happening with your cookie problem, and you are
calling other people lazy for not solving it.

I confirmed in an earlier thread that the problem you describe does not
happen on my system with my python cookie handling. Chris has confirmed
that it does not happen on his system, so it must be something specific
to what you are doing.

The obvious step is to use a tool like wireshark to capture the tcp/ip
exchanges between the server and the client, to analyse those exchanges,
and to see exactly what is being sent in each direction.

This is how you debug such problems. When you know what data is actually
being transferred, then you can go back to software and work out why the
data that you expect to be transferred isn't being transferred.

Using wireshark is beyond the scope of this newsgroup, as is analysing
the contents of tcp/ip packets and http requests and responses.

If the client is not sending the expected cookie to the server, then the
most likely problem is that the client does not associate that particular
cookie with the server url. If this is the case, then the problem is that
when you initially sent the cookie to the client, you did not define the
server url in the cookie in a manner that would cause the client to
associate the cookie with the url in the subsequent request. This is not
a python problem, it's an http cookies problem, and the answer lies in
the cookie you are creating.

Or you can extract the cookie from the cookie jar in the client (again
not a python issue, so don't ask how to do it here) and look for an http
forum where you can ask why cookie x isn't applied to server y. This is
not that forum.

Oh look, that's almost the same advice I gave you about 10 days ago!

So you've spent 10 days ignoring my advice, and then you call Chris lazy.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com