Processing large CSV files - how to maximise throughput?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 02:13:37 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
> But I would concur -- probably they'll both give about the same speedup.
> I just detest the pain that multithreading can bring, and tend to avoid
> it if at all possible.

I don't have a history of major pain from threading. Is this a Python
thing, or have I just been really really fortunate (growing up on OS/2
rather than Windows has definitely been, for me, a major boon)?
Generally, I find threads to be convenient, though of course not
always useful (especially in serialized languages).

ChrisA