Unlimited canvas painting program

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Thu Oct 24 16:02:30 EDT 2013

On 24/10/2013 20:32, markotaht at gmail.com wrote:
> So, i`ll take the canvas, somekind of mouse tracker, for each mouse
> location il draw a dot or 2X2 square or something. Main thing i have
> never understood, is how can i get the backround to move.
>
> Lets say ia hve 200X200 window. In the middle of it is the cursor
> that draws. If i move the mouse the cursor doesent move, but the
> canvas moves. So if i move mouse to the left, i get a line that goes
> to the left. So i probably must invert the canvas movement. If mouse
> goes left, canvas goes right.
>
> And if possible i would like to save my piece of art aswell :D

I think it'll be confusing because it goes against how every other
program does it!

In a painting program you can point to other things, such as tools, but
if the cursor never moves...

It would be simpler, IMHO, if you just moved the canvas and stopped the
cursor going off the canvas when the user is drawing near the edge, so
that the user doesn't need to stop drawing in order to expose more of
the canvas.