Maintaining a backported module

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 24 02:59:59 EDT 2013

Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> writes:

> I'm now at the point where I wish to backport this module to support
> versions of Python back to 3.1 at least and possibly 2.7, and put it
> up on PyPI.

Ned Batchelder has managed something at least as ambitious (supporting
Python versions 2.4 through 3.3), which should be helpful in your case
<URL:http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/200910/running_the_same_code_on_python_2x_and_3x.html>.

Eli Bendersky also has an article with specific advice
<URL:http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2010/05/19/making-code-compatible-with-python-2-and-3/>.

--
 \       “If you are unable to leave your room, expose yourself in the |
  `\            window.” —instructions in case of fire, hotel, Finland |