Maintaining a backported module

Metallicow metaliobovinus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 06:32:52 EDT 2013

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:46:51 AM UTC-5, Metallicow wrote:
> +1 for stdev Steven. Thanks for the extra legs.
> Hope all goes well with introductions... I'm sure it will.
> :) Good Job.

Well, what I am trying to get at is whether it is better as...

stddev or stdev...? 6(3standard abc) vs 5(2nonstandard abc)
How many people are going to have to change their code...

Is alphabetsoup ABC better than oppsImissedAspoonfull(AC)?

As far as readability and standard naming conventions are concerned?