Reading From stdin After Command Line Redirection

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 23 18:20:07 EDT 2013

random832 at fastmail.us writes:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 16:52, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > There are times when this is correct behaviour - like asking for
> > passwords (SSH and sudo work like this).
>
> Less (or pagers generally, or an interactive text editor that allows
> creating a file from standard input) would be another example of a
> program where it makes sense to do this.

You're both describing programs that read the console, which is not what
the OP was asking for. The OP was asking about re-opening stdin after
reaching EOF, which is incoherent as far as I understand it.

I'm still waiting for the OP to clarify what they want to do.

--
 \         “Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they |
  `\                                         believe me?” —Jack Handey |