Will Python 3.x ever become the actual standard?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Oct 24 04:30:52 EDT 2013

> <dufriz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> I am starting to have doubts as to whether Python 3.x will ever be
actually adopted by the Python community at
> large as their standard.

We're planning to start the switch on 25th December 2013, 14h UTC.
It should be finished at most 48 hours later. You should expect some
intermittent problems during the first few hours, but at the end
all uses of Twisted will be replaced with Tornado and asyncio (and
camelCase methods will have ceased to be).

By the way, if you want to join us, one week later we'll also switch
the Internet to IPv6 (except Germany).

Regards

Antoine.