Will Python 3.x ever become the actual standard?

Peter Cacioppi peter.cacioppi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 03:01:28 EDT 2013

Chris The Angel said :
"I won't flame you, but I will disagree with you :)"

good, that's why I'm here ;)

" but there are plenty of things you won't get - and the gap will widen with very Python release."

Yes I skimmed that laundry list before deciding. I still think I made the right decision.

I'll port it someday. I'll own the iPhone 5s (or whatever the latest one is) someday. I'm not an early adopter kind of person.

I'd like to think my project (which looks like it is getting funding, hooray!) will advance the glory of Pythonistan simply by doing cool stuff with 2.7. I'll port it someday (unless it flops, which won't happen, because I won't let it).

Good discussion though, thanks!