Will Python 3.x ever become the actual standard?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 04:26:46 EDT 2013

On 24/10/2013 01:17, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:27:29 +0100, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> I confess I don't understand how *nix people endure having to compile
>> code instead of having a binary install.
>
> Because it's trivially easy under Unix? Three commands:
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> will generally do the job. Unless it doesn't work, in which case it's a
> world of pain. But that's no different from Windows, except that somebody
> else has already worked through the pain for you.

Precisely my point.  I suspect being a Python core dev must do wonders
for the moral fibre.  Your pristine, fully reviewed patch improves
performance by 10,000% and works wonderfully except on buildbot xyz and
has to be reverted.  How do they do it?

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence