Will Python 3.x ever become the actual standard?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 09:27:29 EDT 2013

On 23/10/2013 14:13, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 23/10/2013 14:05, Colin J. Williams wrote:
>>>
>> It would be good if more of the packages were available, for Python 3.3,
>> in binary for the Windows user.
>>
>> I am currently wrestling with Pandas, lxml etc.
>
> Can I assume you're aware of the industrious Christopher Gohlke?
>
> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
>
> TJG

Thankfully I am.  I confess I don't understand how *nix people endure
having to compile code instead of having a binary install.  To me it's
like going to the garage to buy a new car, being shown the parts and the
tool kit and being told to get on with it.  Perhaps it's a case of
second class treatment for users of a second class OS?  Ducks and runs
for cover :)

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence