Will Python 3.x ever become the actual standard?

dufriz at gmail.com dufriz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 07:57:25 EDT 2013

I am starting to have doubts as to whether Python 3.x will ever be actually adopted by the Python community at large as their standard. Years have passed, and a LARGE number of Python programmers has not even bothered learning version 3.x. Why am I bothered by this? Because of lot of good libraries are still only for version 2.x, and there is no sign of their being updated for v3.x. I get the impression as if 3.x, despite being better and more advanced than 2.x from the technical point of view, is a bit of a letdown in terms of adoption.