functools and objective usage

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 22 18:13:33 EDT 2013

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh <mohsen at pahlevanzadeh.org> writes:

> Suppose i have function name, 3 arguments for it, and object of its
> caller such as self.blahbalah

This doesn't make much sense to me. I think you mean: You have an
object, ‘self.blahblah’, which has a function attribute, ‘name’.

(Aside: Please choose better example names, these make it rather
difficult to talk about.)

> So:
> my function is:
> self.blahblah.name(arg1,arg2,arg3)

Your *function* is ‘self.blahblah.name’.

One possible way to express a *call* that function is
‘self.blahblah.name(arg1, arg2, arg3)’.

> I read functools documentations, may be objictive usage and
> functionality differ, Do you have experience with objective usage ?
> http://docs.python.org/2/library/functools.html#partial-objects

I don't understand what the question is. You have shown a way to call
your function; what do you want to do now?

> I need to use it in my class,

Feel free :-)

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but I find scratching just makes it worse.” —_Pinky and |