Tkinter tutorial?

Bennett Brown bennettbrowniowa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 10:00:42 EDT 2013

Lundh, Fredrik. (2005). An Introduction to Tkinter, Draft revision.
Retrieved from http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/

Shipman, John. (2013) Tkinter 8.5 reference.
Retrieved from http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/index.html

Lutz, Mark. (2011) Programming Python, 4th ed. Chapters 7-11 are on Tkinter.

Grayson, John (2000). Python and Tkinter Programming.

Ferg, Steve. (2011). Thinking in Tkinter. Retrieved from http://thinkingtkinter.sourceforge.net/ which I only recently discovered (indeed, he pointed me this morning to this Google group for a non-tkinter question).

Owen, Russell. (2006) Tkinter Summary. Retrieved from http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/rowen/TkinterSummary.html

I have both Grayson and Lutz books but find that 90% of the time I get what I need from Lundh or Shipman and the other 10% are covered by online knowledge base or Lutz. Ferg and Owen might be great too, I only discovered them yesterday. Indeed, Steve Ferg is the one who pointed me to this Google group for a non-Tkinter question.

Bennett Brown
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Project Lead for CSE, a new CS course from Project Lead The Way, piloting now in 60 schools.