Tkinter tutorial?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 22 18:06:14 EDT 2013

Walter Hurry <walterhurry at lavabit.com> writes:

> However, for a different project I need to get up to a reasonable
> speed with tkinter. Could some kind soul recommend a suitable on-line
> tutorial, or a (free) ebook?

TkDocs <URL:http://www.tkdocs.com/> is both a book for purchase (“Modern
Tkinter”) and a cross-language tutorial for Tk, taking full advantage of
modern features of Tk 8.5 and 8.6.

The example code attempts to hew quite closely to the original Tcl, so
it makes for rather awful Python. But you do learn how Tkinter works.

--
 \            “If you continue running Windows, your system may become |
  `\        unstable.” —Microsoft, Windows 95 bluescreen error message |