Python Front-end to GCC

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 16:44:36 EDT 2013

On 25/10/2013 21:29, Mark Janssen wrote:

>>> Are you making it LOUD and *clear* that you don't know what you're
>>> talking about?
>>
>> Input:  Yes/no
>>
>> no
>>
>> Now please explain what you do not understand about the data below that's
>> been written by Oscar Benjamin, myself and Ned Batchelder, specifically the
>> use of the word *DEBUGGING*.  Is this a word that does not appear in your
>> text books?
>
> Yes.
>
> And how do I explain what I do NOT understand?
>
>>   If that is in fact the case would you like one of the
>> experienced practical programmers on this list to explain it to you?
>
> N/A
>
>> Have
>> you ever bothered to read "The Zen of Python", specifically the bit about
>> "Practicality beats purity"?
>
> Yes, I have.  And if you have read that, you know that preceding that
> is the rule "Special cases aren't enough to break the rules."
>
> You sir, have broken the rules, you should not be preaching
> "practicality" if you don't know the rules.
>
> Now take your choir boys there and sit down.
>
> Mark
>
> P.S.
>
>>> In his book "Writing Solid Code" Steve Maguire states that he
>>> initialises with 0xA3 for Macintosh programs, and that Microsoft uses
>>> 0xCC, for exactly the reasons that you describe above.
>
> I will be glad to discuss all these arcane measures, when you aren't
> all being asswipes.
>
>>> It's a useful debugging technique to initialize memory to distinctive
>>> values that should never occur in real data.
>
> As I said, you're going something wrong.
>
>> Python is the second best programming language in the world.
>> But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer
>
> When you're ready to make Python the best programming language in the
> world, re-engage.

Please show rather less arrogance.  Or are you upset at me as I've
reminded you and told everybody else that you've been referred to on a
Python list as a quack?  I do admit that in your case I find quack very
suitable, it has a ring to it that far outweighs troll, which Tim Delany
has used fairly recently.

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence