Screenshots in Mac OS X

Pratik Mehta pratik.mehta13390 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:19:38 EDT 2013

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for reverting.

I know about the "screencapture" function and the parameters available.

But, how would I take the user input, as in, that is just command-line, as soon as I execute the program, it will take whatever kind of parameter is passed under screencapture.

I want that, in the same program, if the user presses Shift+Command+3, whole screenshot should be taken.

When, Shift + Command + 4 is pressed, a particular frame should be displayed to select the area / region.

Also, I want to create my own command : Shift + Command + 5 ==> this is specially for web browser, whenever I press this key on any of the web-page, the whole web page should be grabbed along with its snapshot, and snapshot's filename should be web-page's url which I am currently on.

Also, this process should be executing at the backend, so that, whenever these keys are pressed, it overrides the system's functionality and uses mine.