What's wrong with Windows Command Prompt (was Re: Error Testing)

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 15:55:25 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 2:31 PM, Tim Chase wrote:

>>>   IDLE is cross-platform.  Could you explain why you say "on
>>> Windows"?
>  [Description of idle  vs. Command Prompt]
 Not quite what I was trying to ask.
I'm well aware that Idle has features that the Python interpreter on
Windows doesn't.
Idle also has features that the unix variants doesn't.
I don't use my Ubuntu much so I'm somewhat ignorant, but I wasn't
aware that the interactive interpreter on Linux had features that the
Windows version didn't. I'm curious what those features might be.