Sexism in the Ruby community: how does the Python community manage it?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:11:15 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:
> I've worked in marketing, editing, technical writing, and development, and
> at no place I have ever worked would such behavior be greeted with anything
> but immediate termination.

That's all very well, but what if these gems were created, not by
someone at work (where termination is possible), but by a single guy
at home (and I mean "single" in two senses here)? He's not going to
lose his job over it - at least, I *hope* he wouldn't get fired for
what he did on his own time - so where's the incentive going to come
from?

ChrisA