Sexism in the Ruby community: how does the Python community manage it?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 03:58:16 EDT 2013

On 18/10/2013 02:49, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Because it was tedious, repetitive work, and because most of the men were
> over in Europe getting shot at, nearly all of the computers at Bletchly
> Park were women. The actual mechanical computing devices were called
> "bombes", I kid you not.

What complete and utter tosh, everybody with any brains knows that you
can't possibly compute anything with a mechanical device.

But seriously, just seconds ago I was thinking of these clever little
sods whilst reading another thread here, no guesses which one :)

I also understand that the ladies involved used to surprise the big wig
visitors by working in their underwear as the rooms could get so hot,
quite something for the 1940s, but "Don't you know there's a war on".

--
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Mark Lawrence